Cosmetic Dentistry in Los Angeles
With specialized training and education, dentists are able to expand their knowledge and expertise in the practice of cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry improves the appearance of an individual’s teeth, gums, and helps a person bite and chew food with adequate force and depth. In short, cosmetic dentistry’s mission is to bring out the full function and aesthetic potential of your teeth.
Some of the cosmetic dental treatments we offer at Steven F. Stanley D.D.S. are the following:
- Whitening or bleaching to lighten discolored teeth.
- Reshaping the teeth and removing the parts of the enamel to improve the teeth’s appearance
- Bonding, or a process wherein a special material is applied to a tooth’s surface before it is polished, shaped, and hardened
- Dental bridges or otherwise known as false teeth, which are attached between porcelain crowns to fill in parts left by missing teeth.
- Applying thin custom-made porcelain laminates or veneers that are bonded directly to the teeth.
- Gum lifts, which involves reshaping the bone structure to improve the appearance of teeth.